Friday 9 November 2012

YOGHURT CHICKEN

Monday is a terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life - Random Internet Quote


It's Monday again and I've struggled with Mondays since I was a kid. It used to be school. Now it's work.
Tuesdays I spend recovering from Mondays.
I really only start dealing with the week by Wednesday.
Thursday of course is almost the weekend and must be celebrated.
Friday is the best thing that's ever happened to anyone.
Saturday I run around like a headless chicken because God finally had mercy on me and gave me the weekend (and not like the fraud almost-weekend of Thursday which is just a lie).
Sundays I sink into a deep, blue funk because I know the scourge of Mondays is going to be back and back soon.
So it's Monday. Life is hard but here's an easy recipe for some healthy chicken.

I recommend this recipe for the reasons I recommend any recipe - it's easy, it tastes good, you don't need to raid a gourmet store to find the ingredients and mostly (though we don't think about this enough) because it's good for you.


Serves 4
Recipe my own

What you’ll need:

1 kg boneless chicken (there’s no reason for it being boneless apart from the fact that I don't like to chew too much)
2 cups yoghurt
2 capsicums
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 small onion (grated)
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste

How to:

1. Mix together yoghurt, ginger and garlic paste, salt and chilli powder in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces. Cover the dish and let the chicken marinate for as long as you can.

Note: I recommend a minimum of 3 hours but leave it overnight if you can.

2. Take a deep pan and heat the oil. Add grated onion. Stir till gold.

3. Pour in your chicken plus marinade. Stir till it boils.

Note: Don’t add water! The yoghurt and the chicken will release plenty.

4. Cover and let the chicken cook in it’s own juice for 10 minutes. Uncover then and increase the heat so all the water dries up.

5. When nearly dry add sliced capsicum. Fry for a couple of minutes and serve.  
 
Note: Don’t let the capsicum overcook so you get the gorgeous green with the tender white chicken.

No comments: