Friday 1 February 2013

CHEESE AND GARLIC DINNER ROLLS

“All sorrows are less with bread. ”  ― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
 
 
I don't even know if I should be recommending that you get into this sordid bread baking business. It's a terrible addiction. I've been elbow deep in flour each weekend since I started. I was at this party recently and all I was thinking about was if I get home early I can wake up early to bake these garlic rolls in time for lunch. These are rich, cheesy and gorgeously garlic-y rolls. Pair them with a thick soup for a simple, satisfying meal.
 
Anyway turns out even my blossoming addiction can't wake me up early on a weekend but these rolls were delicious as a late afternoon snack.
 
Once again, many, many thanks to Food Wishes and Chef John:                                                           http://foodwishes.blogspot.in/2012/03/garlic-parmesan-dinner-rolls-can.html 
I've said this before but I'm a huge fan of his video recipes - they really help break things down into simple steps and make unfamiliar recipes a lot less intimidating.
 
 
Some thoughts on this recipe:
 
1. Don't bother adhering to the garlic and cheese quantities prescribed - go ahead and load the dough down with as much garlic and cheese you can take or your conscience will permit.
 
2. You can afford to be generous with the seasoning - it will all add up to a hot, cheesy, flavourful bun.
 
3. Yes, this is a bun. A dinner roll. Basically flavoured bread. Not a roll or some sort of fancy pastry puff with stuffing so you're going to need to pair it with something to make a meal of it.  
 
 

No comments: